Hi, I'm the Alpha of this blog (wait, does 'Alpha' only used for dog fellow?). I heart books, art, cats and all the pretty things. This blog is new, and there's still a lot to do with the interface, so please bear with me for now :) No ripping, no spamming, no blahblahblah - u know the rules. Thank you and enjoy your stay ♥ Leave comment here ♥ Exchange links?
|
Thursday, June 27, 2013
DIY: How To Paint Galaxy On Your Shoes
Few days ago I was so tired after an internship, but i decided not to sleep and do something creative instead. So I decided to take a piece of galaxy and put it on my shoes :) First of all, I'm not a professional artist or whatsoever, so if a house cat like me can do it, so could you! What to prepare: - Acrylic paint - Glitter - Pallet - A pair of shoes - Brushes - Tissue or sponge - Water for cleaning your brushes How to do it: 1. Prepare your stuffs, duh! And take a picture of it ;p I use some cheap products of acrylic paint, it's only 8k idr each! But for Sakura brand, it's about 13k idr each. For glitter, I choose the silver colored one :) 2. For the shoes, I used the cheap one too. It was for a custom shoes contest I once about to join but can't make it in the end x.x" Might be about 25k idr. The material is poor, and quality sucks. Well, what can you ask from a super cheap products? Still, it's a good thing to use as first try victim lol. 3. Mix your colors on a pallete. I use black - purple - navy blue for base color, 1 : 2 : 2! You want a dark sky, but not so dark it's pitch black, that's why I added another colors too :) 4. Brush-brush-brush, paint it all over your shoes! Use water or acrylic medium (if you have extra budget) to mix the paint~ Make sure your brushes always wet when spreading the paint. Have you ever imagine the sky without stars? Now you are looking at it, and it's not pretty :T 5. Mix magenta and white, then add a tiny drops of purple to create the smokey galaxies! You need a light pink (very light it's almost white) or light violet to create a dreamy galaxies. Brush it a bit on the shoes, then smudge it with a tissue or sponge. It would be much easier using a sponge, but I didn't have it at the time so I used tissue instead. Smudge-smudge-smude until you get the effect that you want. 5. After you are satisfied with the galaxy smokes, now put some stars on it. A lot of stars! Use white, light pink, light violet, and dot it all over your tiny galaxies! Smudge some of the dots to create illuminating effects. When it's done, it might looks like this: 6. Last of all, say the magic words and spread glitters all over! Well my iphone can't took a picture of glittery effects so I have to added it by my own :p When mine done, I was so eager to try them! And then comes the hard fact...... the shoes were a number smaller than mine... #bangingheadtothewall Hope you guys are luckier than I am.. And don't forget to try the shoes before you painted it with tears and blood :'( Xoxo |